Saturday, December 1, 2007

Coming down the home stretch



Well we're into December and the babies are at 33 weeks today. Generally twins show up around the 36-37 week. This is going to be one busy month. We have Nick's birthday on the 23rd, Christmas on the 25th and the newbies anytime now.

Two weeks ago we had a bit of a scare. I had just headed to work when my phone rang. It was Kathy calling to say that her water had just broke. A quick U turn and I was back at the house in no time. I called the doctors office while Kathy got some things together and got Nick dressed. The nurse I spoke with wanted us to come directly to their office in Concord, not far from the hospital where the babies will be delivered. During the ride down we realized that at 31 weeks things could be ok, but another 5 or 6 weeks would be better. So once we got to the doctors they took Kathy in to check on the babies. Heart beats of both babies were strong and things looked great as Kathy's water had not broken. It seems that the little girl was pushing on Mom's bladder and...well you can figure out the rest.

So we drove home realizing that even though we're planning on a late December delivery, these babies could decide to come at anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you are all well. I was wondering where you were. The site is saved into my faves and I check it now and then. I haven't seen Annie so I was update-less. Good luck and congrats to the whole family.